Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Dr. Paul Jeffords, MD for fresh articles!
SCHEDULING YOUR PROCEDURE
To schedule your surgery, call Dr. Jeffords’ physician assistant, Shelby Ward, at 404-459-3734.
- If you see a cardiologist, you must have a pre-surgical clearance by that physician.
- Your cardiologist will determine which tests you will need before clearing you for surgery.
- A letter signed by your cardiologist will be required at the time of your pre-op visit.
Our insurance coordinator, Vikki Penn (404-531-8473), will contact you before your pre-op visit to inform you of any fees associated with your procedure. These will be due at your pre-op visit.
7 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY
- Stop all blood-thinners, anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), dietary supplements, over-the-counter vitamins, and herbal remedies 7 days before your procedure.
- If any of these medications have been prescribed by a cardiologist, you will need clearance from that physician to stop them.
- One to two weeks before your scheduled surgery, you will have a pre-op visit with Dr. Jeffords. Dr. Jeffords’ nurse, Nancy will schedule this visit.
- You will come to our office first. At this visit Dr. Jeffords and his staff will review the procedure and answer your questions. You will then sign the consent form for surgery.
- Immediately following your appointment at our office, you will go to either St. Joseph’s Hospital or to the Resurgens Surgery Center for your pre-op clearance and registration.
- At your pre-op appointment you will need to bring:
- Any x-rays or MRI scans that you have kept that pertain to your surgery
- A current list of all medications with their dosages
- Any deposits, deductible payments, and/or percentage payments that are required
THE DAY OF SURGERY
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight.
- You may brush your teeth or rinse your mouth, but spit out all of the liquid.
- Take a shower the morning of surgery using either antibacterial soap or hibiclens prescription.
- Do not use any powder, lotion, deodorant, perfume, or aftershave.
ARRIVAL AND REGISTRATION
- Please arrive promptly at the time you were instructed.
- If your surgery is scheduled to be done at St. Joseph’s Hospital, your arrival time will be approximately 2-3 hours prior to you procedure’s estimated start time. If your surgery is not the first case of the day, your surgery may not start at the exact estimated time.
- Bring your driver’s license or ID and insurance information.