About Dr. Jeffords
Expert in Adult Spinal Disorders and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Resurgens Spine Center
Dr. Paul Jeffords is an expert in adult spinal disorders who is at the cutting edge of technologies that improves the lives of thousands of patients suffering from back pain, neck pain, herniated discs, stenosis and sciatica. Dr. Jeffords, a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon, has been in practice in Atlanta with Resurgens Orthopaedics—Georgia's largest orthopaedic practice - since 2005.
He is is former co-medical director of Resurgens Spine Center. Dr. Jeffords surgical expertise is in minimally invasive spine surgery, reconstructive spinal deformity surgery, cervical spine surgery, and artifical disc replacement. He has instructed many other surgeons on disc replacement surgery and minimally invasive techniques and is currently involved in several clinical trials. Dr. Jeffords has authored multiple research publications and book chapters and presented talks at numerous spine meetings.
Dr. Jeffords has a degree in biomedical engineering and is involved in the research and development of spinal implants and devices.
He serves as an advisory consultant to several medical device and biotechnology companies. Dr. Jeffords is section chief of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta which has been ranked among the top ten percent in the nation for overall orthopedic care according to a comprehensive study released by HealthGrades. In 2006, U.S. News & World Report named Saint Joseph's one of the top 50 Orthopaedic hospitals in the nation for the second consecutive year.
Areas of Expertise
- Adult Spine Disorders
- Reconstructive Spine Surgery
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Endoscopic and Laser Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Texas Back Institute; Plano, Texas
- Emory University; Atlanta, Georgia
- Tulane University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- AO Spine Sociey
- Spine Arthroplasty Society
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society
- Former Co-Medical Director, Resurgens Spine Center
- Section Chief, Dept. of Orthopaedics - St. Joseph's Hospital
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society's Thomas E. Whitesides, MD Award
- Emory University Dept. of Orthopaedics Robert E. Kelly Society Award for Clinical Research
- Tulane University Dean's Honor Scholarship
Chief of Orthopaedics
Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta
Dr. Jeffords is certified by the American Board of Othopaedic Surgery. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the North American Spine Society, the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, the AO Spine Society, the Spine Arthroplasty Society, the Georgia Orthopaedic Society, and the Atlanta Orthopaedic Society. Dr. Jeffords earned his undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering from Tulane University where he received the prestigious Dean’s Honor Scholarship and played varstiy football for two years.
While at Emory, Dr. Jeffords was awarded the Georgia Orthopaedic Society's Thomas E. Whitesides, MD Award.
He attended medical school at Tulane University and completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Emory University in Atlanta. While at Emory, Dr. Jeffords was awarded the Georgia Orthopaedic Society's Thomas E. Whitesides, MD Award. He was also awarded the Emory University Dept. of Orthopaedics Robert E. Kelly Society Award for Clinical Research. Dr. Jeffords then received additional fellowship training in adult spine surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas.
Dr. Jeffords enjoys spending most of his personal time with his wife and young daughter. He is a member of Perimeter Church and enjoys golf, tennis, and travel. He is fan of UGA athletics, where his father, Ray Jeffords, was a second-team All-SEC basketball player who was later drafted by the Atlanta Falcons.